President, CBI, M&AMI
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
- Mergers & Acquisitions Master Intermediary (M&AMI)
- Fellow of International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Board of Directors for International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Founder and Past Chair of MBBI Wisconsin Chapter
- Member of the UW- Whitewater Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
- 40 under 40 M&A Award
- NEW Business Plan Competition (DealCoach), 1st Place
- 2016 Chairman for International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- MBBI Outstanding Leadership Award & Member of the Year
- Green Bay Young Professionals Network, Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Wisconsin Small Business Administration, Emerging Small Business Person
- American Cancer Society, annual golf outing, past-chair
- United Way of Brown County, Emerging Leaders Society, co-founder, past-chair
- Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Council, past- chair
Over Several Hundred Million in Sales
Today, Cornerstone is one of the largest lower middle market M&A firms in the Midwest. Operating from offices in Wisconsin and Iowa, its associates have completed several hundred million in sales. The company fields worldwide interest in client opportunities and has led transactions with buyers and sellers based in Europe, Asia and Russia.
A thought-leader in the industry, Scott developed the Cornerstone Process to offer investment banking M&A-level services to the lower middle market. The result is a closing ratio that’s more than double the national average.
Published Author and Recognized Speaker
Scott has authored numerous articles on M&A best practices, and his work is syndicated in regional publications. He is a sought-after expert on the national M&A market and has been quoted in some of the nation’s most respected newspapers including the Forbes, New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, and the Los Angeles Times. As a speaker, he has engaged audiences from national organizations to local trade groups and international delegations.
Scott’s diverse background includes entrepreneurial endeavors, management, finance, and marketing. He has operated small startups and worked with international corporations. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater. Scott and his wife Cassie live in Green bay with their three children.